Wednesday, December 23, 2009

All I want for Christmas (aka: World, leave my family alone)

Woohoo! I got some great news today. Mum told me that Dad's blood sugar monitor read 5.9 the other morning. After years of meds keeping his blood sugar down in the 7's and 8's this is the first time it's ever been in the 5's! For those that don't know, normal blood sugar for non-diabetics is around 5 so this is brilliant news. He is still on meds, but to see that his new vegan diet has already had this much effect at reducing his blood sugar in just a couple of months is really exciting. Yay yay yay! I want to stand up in the office and shout it out to everyone.

[Skype 9:26:09 AM] Mum: i screamed with delight

And check this:

[Skype 9:31:45 AM] Mum: He said to me that i didn't have to do the vegan thing with him if i didn't want to. Doh!!! I believe in it!

Nothing can make you believe in something more than actually seeing results.

It was only a few months ago that Mum came to stay and the whole idea just didn't resonate with her to the point I got a bit mad (so much for vegan peace and love). I'm so glad something has clicked and she's had the mental shift that I think all vegans get. I just hope Dad can make the shift in his head too, because my fingers are crossed now for more 5's and less meds.

That's all I want for Christmas.

Subnote: Ok, I lie. I also want my brother to beat his brotherfucking cancer. Is that too much to ask?

2 comments:

  1. That is absolutely FANTASTIC news!!!!!

    MERRY CHRISTMAS!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Seitahn, it is brilliant huh!! Merry Christmas to you too :)

    ReplyDelete