$70 later I found myself with a pile of things I now have to work out how to cook.
Some of the more exciting goodies included:
- Shredded tofu noodles (has anyone used these?)
- Little frozen rice cakes (dduk) that go in Ddukboki which I remember fondly from my time in Korea and just found a recipe for
- Shiitake dashi
- Tasty vegetarian Chicken (gluten)
- A few select items from their huge selection of all the Vincent Vegetarian fake meats which I have never tried
- Black sesame pudding
- Tapioca and red bean pudding
Sadly, I didn't find any vegetarian fish sauce. Sigh. The sweet old dude who works there laughed at me and said "Vegetarian fish sauce. Hahah it's the same. It's just lies!". (And right here in my moment of truth I will admit I still have a bottle of fish sauce from the old days when I had looser morals, and am still using it proving I, indeed, still am morally loose).
If you haven't been, you are missing out! Unless everyone already has been and I have been missing out this whole time.
Minh Phat Asian Supermarket
2 - 8 Nicholson St